Monday, January 26, 2015

Hello from Boston!

Hello friends!  Last night Stephen and I boarded a plane, and this morning we arrived in good ole Boston MA!  It wouldn't be a proper Massachusetts welcome if we did't encounter some sass right off the gate, and I was not disappointed.  Naturally our first stop on our journey to my parents house in Tyngsboro was Dunkin Donuts.  Their coffee is just as awesome as I remember.  I downed it in a matter of minutes (well, with Stephen's help of course).

Let me just say it is totally surreal to be back home in the 01879.  The trees and grass are all dead, for one thing, and there is SO MUCH FREAKING SNOW!!!!  Plus we're supposed to get the blizzard of the century tomorrow, this was not in my plans!  Oh well, if we get snowed in it will just give us a chance to hang out with my folks more since people won't be able to shoot off to work and school etc.
Our plane rides were decent.  The man in our row on the way to San Francisco was super chatty and friendly.  Our seatmate on the second flight took a sleeping pill and was out like a light, haha.  I decided to bring my wedding dress along so that my mom could see it in person, and it's fantastic how nice people are to you when you walk onto a plane and say "I have my wedding dress with me...is there any chance we can hang it up somewhere?"  The one downside to our flights was that neither of us got much sleep (in fact, Stephen is taking a nap as I type) and I seem to have succumbed to the flu/cold/deathly illness that has been going around work.  It's been a 3-day thing, and I'm on day 2.5 or so, so I'm crossing my fingers that I will recover quickly and that I haven't passed it along to Stephen.

I'm a little jet-lagged right now, and hyped up on cold meds, so I'll leave you guys there.  I might post more this week, or owe you a long post when we return to Damascus.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment