Monday, February 2, 2015

Jet lag

Hello friends.

Last night I slept the best I've slept in a long while.  Seriously, Stephen and I had a LONG day of traveling (with a delayed/almost cancelled flight across the country, and bags that just didn't seem to want to arrive on the baggage claim belt) and got home at about 10:30pm.  I wanted nothing more than to fall into my bed, however I had absolutely NO food in the house, so to the grocery store I drove!  I spent maybe 20 minutes wandering around the store, and then assembling my pathetic lunch at home (somehow I thought a good snack would be an entire cup of cherry tomatoes?...interesting sleep-deprived-Molly) before falling into my wonderful bed.

Now, my bed isn't fancy.  Most of the blankets aren't the right size, the pillows don't match and my cats like to hide all of their toys in it...but man...I really missed my bed.  I'm glad my cats can't talk because they probably would have made fun of me for sighing "my bed, my bed, oh I love you my bed" as I fell asleep.  (And you're probably going to make fun of me for posting that here, but oh well.)

I slept for a glorious 3 hours before waking up and panicking that I hadn't set my alarm.  I double checked, and fell back asleep...then woke up again...checked my clock, fell asleep, wash, rinse, repeat until my alarm finally went off at 6:30am.  Needless to say, I brought an entire pot of coffee to work with me again today.  Hopefully the kiddos are nice to me on my first day back.

My house is an utter disaster.  I literally threw my bags in the front room, opened them both up to grab some random junk, and left them where they sat.  My poor cats (who missed me so much that they both tried to block me from going out the front door this morning when I left for work) no longer have a front room to play in; it's more of a disaster zone.  CAUTION: ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.  I'll have to make some extra coffee when I get home tonight so that I can clean up a bit and make myself a real lunch for tomorrow.  (I cheated for today and brought microwave soup...WOW.  I haven't eaten this stuff for YEARS.)

Uh, so, Boston.  Our trip was great.  Too long and too short all at the same time.  I really enjoyed seeing everyone, but it was kind of sad that the time we did have with people always seemed too short (plus the fact that we saw most people in group settings so we had to divide our attention across a billion people).  I'm glad to be back home away from the snow, but I do miss the people.  It was great to see my family and have them meet Stephen in the flesh.  I never doubted that they recognized our connection, but it was nice that they could see for themselves just how perfect we are together (awww, how mushy and touchy-feely).

But in all seriousness, it was just great to see Stephen clean the driveway with my father, play cribbage with my mother, attempt to wrestle with my brother, joke around with my sisters...he just fits into the family so well.  I really am lucky to have found such a great guy.  I'm losing steam with this blog-post, but I'll make one final comment.  I've been thinking about the concept of "love" a lot lately.  There are a lot of cutesy sayings about what "love" is.  There are funny postings online about little kids giving their definitions of "love" (and they're hilarious) but I'll add my 2-cents.  Love is still wanting to be around your fiancé, even when she's blowing her nose 24-7, hacking up a lung and refusing to wear makeup because she's "dying of the flu".  I brought the nasty flu/bug that's been going around at work back to Boston with me, and looked like death for a solid 3 days.  Stephen must really love me because he didn't make a single comment about how terrible I looked or how nasty my nose-blowing and lung-hacking were, even though I was snotting and phlegming all over him during our flight out.  (Sorry for that disgusting detail, but it's true.)  He must really love me.  I am so blessed.

Peace out folks.  It's almost time for me to pick up my first client.

Love.

1 comment: