Saturday, August 30, 2014

I told you I was bad at writing blogs...

So, guys, I apologize.  I warned you that I wasn't very good at keeping up with blogs.  I'm really tired right now (my body hasn't quite adjusted to the time change) so I'm just going to upload all the photos from my trip and caption the ones I feel like captioning.
From my lovely roommates in 115!



Bootsie was not very excited about our journey.

1/5th of the way there!

Getting a little more comfortable at the rest-stops.

Cat selfies all day.

It took forever, but we eventually made our way to Ohio!

In Ohio we stayed with Jenny and her lovely pets.

What a sweetie.

Bootsie made himself right at home the first night, what a good boy!

Thanks for being grand, Ohio!

On the second day we stopped in Indiana and visited the world's largest wind chime (55ft!)



We also visited the world's largest golf tee.
Bootsie wasn't very impressed, and we got a lot of judging stares.

Eventually, we made it to Missouri where we stayed with our friends Jenny and Ed!

2/5ths of my journey over!

On our way out of MO we found these amazing sinks.  You literally just wave your hands underneath and everything happens automatically (soap dispensed, water runs for an appropriate time, then air to dry).  They were strange, lazy, but completely cool at the same time.


We made it to Kansas eventually.


Bootsie still wasn't impressed.

Kanses was pretty at first...but then so much of the same thing for so long gets really boring.  This was also our 12 hour drive (which ended up being 13.5 hours the way my GPS took us, I don't know why I thought it was going to be 12) so that was fun...NOT.

Bootsie eventually got so mad at being cooped up in the car that he wouldn't get out when we stopped.


We made it to Colorado eventually, and there was a beautiful rainbow!!!  In CO we stayed with my friend/past coworker Sarah.  It was so great to catch up!

Wyoming was actually beautiful to drive through.

You can tell I was getting tired.

Idaho.

For some reason Bootsie really wanted to hang out in these rocks.  I don't know if he thought it was a litter box, or what, but he chilled there for a while.

Staying in our first and only motel of the journey.  

Time for the final leg of the journey!  (Notice that we left at 5am, later than most of the legs!)

I think this was Nevada or something.

FINALLY in Oregon!  Thrilled beyond words!!! 
I saw many scenic viewpoints along the journey, but only stopped at one.  I was so glad I did!  It was beautiful!!!


Bootsie really wanted to jump into the chasm.  Luckily he was wearing the leash.  I had no idea he could jump 4 ft off the ground to reach the ledge.


Bootsie made himself right at home in the new house.

Our neeeeiiiighhhhh-bors.

What a mess.

I'm so thankful Joey came to carry all my heavy stuff!  :)

Bootsie just loves this shelf.

Kitchen partially set up on day 1.


A salute to my old roommate, Stacy.  ;)

Finally have my clothes etc. put away, I'll need to get a bed frame eventually, and some sort of tables to go next to it (and a storage unit for my extra bedding probably).


I had no idea I owned so many clothes.  I bought almost 70 hangers today and I don't have nearly enough for all of my stuff!  Ahh!


Stairs back downstairs. 
Bathroom

Entrance to bathroom/laundry room.

Living room still needs some work.

The kitchen is starting to look like home.

My boys are always with me! (In the frame on the left)

A view out my window!

I totally stole this idea from my old apartment, but come sign my world map when you come visit me.  :)


Molly's Barbie house!  :)

Thanks for believing in me guys.  I did it!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Molly and Adventurecat, Bootsie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DID do it, Molly!!!! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Molly!!! You and Bootsie had quite a journey. Love all the pics !

    ReplyDelete