Friday, August 22, 2014

What's the deal???

Hey guys!  Bonjour!  Hola!  WoOo!!

So, every 6 months or so, I start a blog.  I never tell anyone that I've started a blog, and I usually post about 2 entries before giving up.  I then delete said blog, create a new one and the cycle continues.  This time is different.  This coming Monday I am starting my 3000+ mile journey from Boston MA to Portland OR. (Well, Newton MA to Damascus OR, but big cities are more relevant.)  I'll probably be posting random updates across my many social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) but have created this blog to hopefully streamline my updates so that you can stalk me on one convenient webpage!  That is why I have created this blog, and that is why you are here today.  Yay!

Are you intrigued?  Do you want to know more about my journey?  Click ahead to read my full blog-post!


Why am I moving?


Many people have asked me why I'm moving, why leave a perfectly stable job, why leave friends and family, WHY PORTLAND?  Many assume that I've found the perfect job in Portland where I'm going to make my millions (not even close, though I do have 3 prospective job interviews lined up), that I'm moving back home (HAH, Boston is "home") or that I'm following a boyfriend (I do know several men in Oregon?  NEFC of LYFEEE!!).  None of these are correct.  I really can't even say why I am moving to Portland except that it feels right.  Everything seems to be falling into place (though not exactly the way I imagined) and I've felt a pull towards this city ever since I first visited in 2013.  I assume God has some sort of amazing plan for me out there or else housing and travel arrangements would not have worked out as perfectly as they have.  The long and short of it is that I don't know why I'm moving, I just know that it is the right time and the right place for me to be come September.  

How am I getting there?

By car!  People look at me like I'm crazy when I mention my upcoming journey (with my cat!) but it will certainly be an adventure.  Wanna see my route?  Well, you're in luck because here it is!

Things have worked out perfectly in that I have a house to stay at for every stop in my journey except for #5 in ID.  People came out of the woodwork to offer me accommodations and I am so so SO thankful for that!  It's truly amazing to see how generous people have been.  <3 (I'm slowly losing steam on this blog post, so it may end abruptly, feel free to ask questions in the comments if I leave any interesting information out.)  Bootsie and I will pack up Sunday and leave early Monday morning, hopefully arriving at our new house in Oregon on Friday night!  AHH!  It's crazy that this is finally happening!  I've been dreaming of a big adventurous move for a while now, and I'm almost afraid that one day I'll wake up and find out this has all been a dream.  For now though, I'm optimistic that this is, indeed, real life.  :)


I don't really know what else to put in this post, except to say that although I am excited for this move, I am sad to be leaving so many friends and family behind!  It is easy to take the familiarity of a familiar place for granted.  I'm moving to a state where I know maybe a dozen or so people, and can maybe drive to one grocery store without using my GPS.  I've moved long distances before, but never by myself.  I've always had at least one familiar face to come home to, so this is a totally new experience!  My new landlord is thankfully amazing and has been so helpful and generous getting things ready for my arrival, but I do anticipate at least one lonely night of panic after moving in.  That's where all of you can help!  Send me pictures, videos, letters, texts, snapchats, ANYTHING that might remind me of home.  I'll love seeing these tokens and will certainly reciprocate!  If you do not have my new address, please message/text/call/ask me!

Alright, I need more coffee before I can write any more.  I also need to get going.  I'm telling my students today about my move, and it's going to be many sad conversations!  :(

Love you allll!!!

Molly

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Molly! What an amazing adventure! I wish I was sitting right there next to you (but I wouldn't sit on Bootsie). And of course I'd have to turn around and head home again, but it would be so cool! I'll be praying that God forges a safe path ahead for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Keep up the blog! Keep up the blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read more! I'll be praying for your trip. Don't forget to text your mother!

    ReplyDelete