Monday, August 25, 2014

MONDAY!

Well, 1/5 of my journey is complete, I can't believe it! It still feels kind of surreal, like tomorrow I'll wake up at my parents house and realize these past 3 years have been a dream...but they're not! I'm really a MS-ABA and am moving to my dream location, OREGON!! 

My day started REALLY early, like, 3am and I can't sleep early. I did the most logical thing I could think of, and packed my car and left Newton MA at 4am--running on nothing but a glass of water and 3 onion rings (Mmm, wish I had more of those). I am so thankful to the people (cough, Chris, cough) who encouraged me to make an early start. I hit ZERO traffic and made such good time on my drive that I was able to stop and nap in PA twice (that state is so freaking huge, I could have taken a third nap before finally getting to Ohio)!

Bootsie was a little angel, except for the part where he cried for an hour straight, while cuddling with his favorite toys. What a spoiled brat. Haha. All things considered though, he did so much better than I could have expected. He sat nicely with me at all the rest stops, and only managed to hide under my seat once (when I stopped to eat lunch). I wish he would walk with me at the rest stops, but I'll take what I can get. I'm sure he's so freaked out wondering what the heck I am doing and where I am taking him. (I don't even want to know what he's going to think if he realizes I had to leave behind his favorite scratching posts because they didn't fit in the car!). 

I'm going to be honest, I'm actually writing this post at a rest stop 150 miles from my final destination for the night. I just wanted to have something to do while giving Bootsie a break from his crate. I'll attach some pictures from the day, and maybe add some more information when I actually arrive...or I'll just post this and pretend that I arrived in Ohio at 3pm. Haha. 

Much love readers. Much love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment