Wednesday, December 3, 2014

He's a keeper

Hey friends.  I have an announcement for you.

I'M ENGAGED!

Yes, you saw the facebook post correctly; yes, you read that right.  The girl who swore she'd become an old maid with 20 cats found a man who loves her--not in spite--but because of all her quirks.

This only happened last night and I'm still kind of blown away.  He totally blind-sided me and I didn't see it coming (if you know me, you know how hard it is to surprise me.  Somehow this man manages to surprise and amaze me every day.).

So, don't you worry, the full story and details will be up soon.  I want to tell my parents the details before I blast them over the internet though.  :)  I can share one short story though, to explain why I am not wearing my ring right now...

So, Monday night Stephen and I go to Sushi Land.  This is the restaurant we went to on our first date so it holds a special place in my heart (and I assume his).  It's not a fancy place, but we love it.  As we're driving up he casually asks if I want to look at rings at Jarods just for funsies.  Of course I said yes.  I've always wanted to shop for things I can't afford while convincing the sales person that I can afford it.  We went in and I tried on a bunch of rings and the sales man tried to convince us to get a ring right then.  "Ha ha ha.  Just kidding, we're looking for funsies!"  We went back to his house, hung out then went our separate ways for bed.  I couldn't stop thinking about one ring though, and had to look it up at like 3 am because I didn't want to forget which one I liked (you know, just in case).  I screen shotted the ring and texted it to Stephen "In case you want to remember the ring. ;)"

Well, it turns out he'd had my ring for a week already (the rose gold one posted on facebook).  We had both fallen in love with the one I tried on that night though.  So...long story short, he's returning the original ring today and getting the one we picked out "just for funsies".  So don't be alarmed when you see a different ring in all the other pictures.  He did good, he just didn't anticipate us falling in love with a completely different style ring.  He could have given me a twist tie ring for all I care; I'm just excited to start this journey with the man I love.


5 comments:

  1. WOW, that's a stunning ring! Congratulations, sis, so happy for you and I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Congratulations to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belmont manor is the Platteel residence, if you don't know ��

    I'm so happy for you two I could burst! Can't wait to help you plan your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that clears up the confusion of the ring. You are right. Both are beautiful! So very happy for you, Molly. ~ Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you Molly <3

    ReplyDelete