Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A door handle!

I'd just like to send a huge shout out to my heroes, Stephen and Andrew, for fixing my car door handle tonight.  After living without a proper door handle for the last 3 weeks, it's pretty exciting being able to perform the simple task of opening my door with one hand/swift movement.  I won't go into the tragic details of how I came to need a new handle, but let's just say it was a tragedy and more than a minor inconvenience.  Tonight, however, that inconvenience was rectified and I am so happy that I am baking a double batch of braided bread as I type! (Half with chocolate chips since it's one of Stephen's fav things that I make.)

I am excited about my handle being fixed, but also SO embarrassed/amused because Stephen and Andrew both came into dinner (we were at Crystal/Andrew's house helping them with various yard projects before they set out to work on my car) shaking their heads and saying that my door was hopeless and that I would need to go to the Nissan dealer to get it fixed ($$$$$$$).  I HATE going to the dealer, and HATE having to spend money on my car (probably part of why it's not in the best shape, Stephen is convinced I don't take good care of my car and he's probably right...but shhhh, don't tell him I said that).  I reluctantly accepted my fate as we ate a delicious pork roast and played cards.  As we were leaving, however, Stephen and Andrew both insisted on walking me to my car in the garage.  "Well, just open the door!"  I walked around my car and stared in confusion at my door avec door handle.  I thought it was a trick, that maybe the handle was just wedged on the door somehow and that it would fall off as I opened my door, but no, it was really attached!  AHH!  I don't really know when I became so easy to trick, but this trick had a happy ending so I can't even be mad.  I'm just so happy to have my handle back.  :)

Gotta go check on my rising dough.  Keep it real folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment